Monday, June 4, 2012

The Source 5/23/2012


I happened to be having dinner with the family downtown and realized I hadn’t been back to the gym since my accident. So I ran in to say hi.
I was greeted by such warm and amazing people. Friends who wanted to know how I’ve been and how I was healing.
I love promoting the Source Climbing Gym, wearing their gear, getting people interested and in their door. They really are friendly and they care for their climbers. Personally, it felt like home. Or a home I haven’t seen lately.
Between catching up, I perused the routes. Felt chalky holds. Mentally read routes and mimed my way through it from the ground.
I just started physical therapy, so it will still be a while before I’m on the wall. But I think sport climbing will be good to get me back into it. Or at least more gentle than bouldering would be.
So until then, I’ll be patient. My new shoes will collect a bit more dust and I’ll keep thinking about getting that green light.
If you haven’t checked out the Source Climbing Center, you should. They offer a lot of classes to teach you how to use the climbing equipment safely and their staff are top of the line and some of the most amazing people I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment