Wednesday, June 20, 2012

3 Pull Ups, 2.5 months


What’s that you say? 3 whole pulls ups?

Well… it’s 2.5 months since I tore my bicep, and a week ago I couldn’t even start 1 pull up. So yeah. It’s a big deal to me.
I’ve also done 30 push ups with no rest, and 18 unassisted dips. (the last two exercises had been hard because they stretched the muscle, not because they directly used the muscle.)
The physical therapy is going well. It’s about an hour and a half now. 30 minutes Ultrasound and massage. Then 50 minutes of Endurance weightlifting. Then ice. Followed by a nap.
It feels more like my body is working through rust than it is anything else. The time spent waiting made me atrophy and each day my body feels more and more like it did.
My doctor says that based on the progress, it’ll be about 6 more weeks of PT before I’m at 90% what I was (I’m a little skeptical, but cool. I’ll keep trucking along then.). I’ll eventually get back to full use again. And I’m allowed to start top-roping at the gym in July.


So, here’s to continued progress, listening to my doctors, and learning everything I can during the process. Thanks for reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment