Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Season's End 5/26/2012


As I’m sitting here, sun kissed and sleepy, I realize this day marked the end of a very long 9 months. It was about that time I started working at best buy. And coaching the college kids, and continued to bite off more than I could chew by getting another job. By working upwards of 70-80 hours a week and making around $1000 a month after taxes (do the math… something is wrong here.).
here's me trapped in the coaches box. They caught me mid pacing during the men's vault.

I said to myself “after Christmas, it will slow down.” It didn’t. I left best buy at the end of February. When I gave them my 3 weeks notice, they gave me 1. Track picked up as the season rolled on and so did work. And despite losing one job, I was still running myself ragged.
But now I’m sitting here. In a chair. Thinking about the lack of sleep and personal time, the health issues I’ve had, and the amount of stress I was under… I can’t help also thinking about the amazing time I had. The people who came into my life and made me smile. I’m thinking about the changes in my financial situation and the stability I’ve found.
Sure, I’m a bit weathered. But I’ve got a big ol’ smile on my face. One of my highschoolers had a personal best jump of 9’6, adding almost a foot to her PR. And she narrowly missed being on the podium . three of my six college kids made it in the top 8.






Bogdan attempting 15'3" He finished 2nd overall.
Here I am, in my cave of wonders. 
It will take me a bit to recuperate and want to do anything other than sleep. But I’m very happy with where the last 9 months have left me. and I’m stoked for the months to come.
This is my 2012 Pole Vault crew. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment