Sunday, June 3, 2012

Fortune Cookie 5/20/2012


Who doesn’t like these? Who doesn’t have some superstition or ritual to eating these little treats? My cousins add “In Bed” to the end of theirs. Me, I won’t read my fortune until the cookie is eaten.
But I’ve noticed a trend with FC’s (That’s fortune cookie for those in the know.) that don’t really have fortune’s in them. Like this one…
 
Did they run out of Chinese proverbs, and wishful thinking statements? I bet the lucky numbers on the back don’t mean anything either.
Well, today, an athlete of mine named Tonja gave me a fortune cookie and said “Because I’m nice, I’m giving you a fortune cookie. And hopefully it’s better than the one’s you’ve been getting lately.” There was no fortune inside.

So either the FC makers have given up all pretense of this tradition. Or I’m not long for this world. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment