Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Canadian 4th of July


The last several days, I’ve had my good friend, Joël visit me in my humble hometown. Joël and I met in Australia when people thought I was Canadian (I’m from Vancouver Washington). And he happened to be passing through and wanted to see Portland, and catch up. I was more than happy to have him as my guest.
Learning what an American "Large" popcorn looks like During Spiderman, "It comes with a refill?! I could bathe in this thing!"

He picked the perfect time too. Independence day, the 4th of July was fast approaching and he hadn’t ever experienced it before.
So we BBQ’d, met friends, hung out and introduced him to real fireworks… which I guess I mean “fireworks you could purchase and blow up from the comfort of your own home.
My favorite part of it was probably when he swore to tell his friends back home that all the Americans ran around firing guns in the air all day.
That. Or showing him Prune Hill, where you can see all of Vancouver and Portland lighting their Mortars off.
All in all, introducing someone who’s not from the U.S. to our Independence Day was pretty awesome.
Take care on the rest of your travels Joël.


This video has nothing to do with this post... I just thought it was funny/clever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment