Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Abandoned America


**All of these pictures are unedited. **

I love finding places the world has forgotten. I get wrapped up in other people’s memories. Seeing something touched, and manipulated by humans only to be left to waste away is so fascinating.
I'm really curious as to Joel's take on this. He was visiting from Canada. He didn't say much during the excursion. He just seemed to be taking it in.
But it feels weird when it’s my memories being tampered with. Treating them like they’re not worth keeping. 
I found an old neighborhood I played in as a child. It’s less than a mile from my house. One of my best friends lived there. I played in a tree there. We talked to the cute girls in our class there. I had no idea it was gone.
Or going.
It was eerie to see the vacant lots where Jared’s house stood. Or see Brandon’s yards replaced by loads of refuse. Finding house after house boarded up and abandoned with apparent haste, overrun by weeds and untended gardens and yards, no longer separated by fences.








This really stuck out to me. just the way the light hit it. I'm not sure what i'll do with this one... but something is going to happen with it.

I need to go back to explore it more in depth. Even if just to capture what remains for my own interest.



1 comment: