Monday, November 14, 2011

November’s first update! (I need to think of better titles…)

October has come and gone. The rain is here and it’s unrelenting. I have a third job. This one’s pretty fitting. I’m working at a climbing gym that recently opened in Vancouver called The Source (Facebook). It’s a beautiful top rope and lead climbing gym. There’s a small bouldering portion. Check the website and head in if you’re ever in the Vancouver area (Washington… Not Canada, ladies and gents.).

I was there climbing this week at the gym (might become a normal thing before I go to coach at Clark College) and the local newspaper was taking some pics and I ended up having my picture taken and popped in the paper. I was surprised by the number of friends who read The Columbian. Granted, the picture took most of the front page of the business section.

The grand opening for the gym was a huge success. I spent the evening belaying people. Or is it “on belay?” I don’t know. I boulder. My bouldering religious beliefs recommend abstaining from ropes.

Some other things I’ve forgotten to update would include running into Carlo Traversi. He was in town for a PCI clinic at the Circuit. I sat down to stretch and realized I had picked the spot in the gym right next to him. He was super chill and awesome to talk to. Considering how inspiring his climbing has been to me, it was awesome to see he's also a really down to earth guy (I KNOW there’s a climbing pun in there somewhere…).

And finally, I made a quick little practice test video at the Circuit. I posted a write up on my other blog over at IEFilms.net. I’d love to get some feedback. Just leave some comments either on the YouTube Channel, or below this blog. :)

That’s it. A long week is over and the next one is starting. Thanks for checking in.

James C.

No comments:

Post a Comment